Mod awareness

Could we perhaps also have a system for appointing new mods. When I was appointed, I found quite a long thread discussing the relative merits of a new mod, but I haven’t found any discussion about PKW. The most recent appointment was made well within about 8 hours or so of the first public post asking for suggestions being made. I neither make nor imply any criticism of the mods so chosen, merely the method by which it is done.

Appointing a new mod doesn’t need to be rushed. It’s not like the Iraqi constitution where too many delays can bring down the Chief Mods and Admins. In future can we discuss and take a little more time over it, rather than making knee-jerk reflex appointments?

Speaking of medals… I already awarded a couple but I think that in some cases might be useful to ask for other mods’s opinions posting them also in our room.

Speaking of medals… I already awarded a couple but I think that in some cases might be useful to ask for other mods’s opinions posting them also in our room.[/quote]

I agree…maybe we should get the awards commitee topics moving again.

Gen. Sandworm perhaps a message to show people when posting as guests to show them that if they post rubbish or be stupid then we will find out who they are. :?:

That is all we ask of you :wink:

That wouldn’t be a bad idea, because we are still cleaning up from those other Guests (poolover and ww2genius) SAM, if your reading this, there’s a teeny bit of their stuff left in your sections.

Welcome Commando!

Should I tell you about your responsabilities?? :smiley: :smiley:

Remember, now you are a moderator, not a simple user. Try to be fair and for any problems or questions you might have, feel free to post them in our room.

As well please read as much as you can in the war room. Look at the moderation panel closely. Never leave a shadow topic. And please please please ask questions if you are not sure about something. Better safe than sorry.

Not anymore, mate!

Very important issue!! :smiley:
Check my “guide” for doing it!

That wouldn’t be a bad idea, because we are still cleaning up from those other Guests (poolover and ww2genius) SAM, if your reading this, there’s a teeny bit of their stuff left in your sections.[/quote]

SAM is away?, i havent seen him post for ages, do you want me to clear them posts/rooms that pooluver and that other guy made?

Commando, SAM is online. Anyway, I already moved the final thread forgot by SAM there.

That wouldn’t be a bad idea, because we are still cleaning up from those other Guests (poolover and ww2genius) SAM, if your reading this, there’s a teeny bit of their stuff left in your sections.[/quote]

SAM is away?, i havent seen him post for ages, do you want me to clear them posts/rooms that pooluver and that other guy made?[/quote]

Well that will be a good way to start. Edit the ones that might have some value but just delete the ones that are stupid!

Sorry, SAM was online.

Err, I already moved the topic to the archive room! :oops:

Sorry, SAM was online.

Err, I already moved the topic to the archive room! :oops:[/quote]

No problem Mate :wink:

Very important issue!! :smiley:
Check my “guide” for doing it![/quote]

lol :lol: :oops:

Off-topic: Come on Tiger! It was my fault at that time that I didn’t told you about the shadow… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No problem, i understand my responibilities :smiley: , I normally sit here for hour just reading posts more then replying, but now im a mod ill read more and be more generous. :wink:
And thank you again gentlemen :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I’ve got Walther’s PM reply. He would be prepared to do the mod’s job. He also moderates on another forum, so has experience. However, he’s moving soon and so will have poor net access for the next month or so.

[/quote]

I’ve got Walther’s PM reply. He would be prepared to do the mod’s job. He also moderates on another forum, so has experience. However, he’s moving soon and so will have poor net access for the next month or so.[/quote]

Maybe we would consider giving Walther the mod job after he’s all settled in.