More classic Iron man

Maybe because it looks “like in Hollywood”, just like holding a pistol sideways, “Gangsta style”? :twisted:

Jan

Who woulda thought? :?

Well, it seems that as well as a mod quota, we also have an idiot quota that needs to be fulfilled. IRONMAN has stepped in at our hour of need.

Just in case we thought he’d changed:

http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=245&start=360

I know he is provoked sorely by the British members - and he deserves most of it. However, we’ve had the argument over racist lies about Gurkhas time and time again. His allegations are despicable. Think of it as the moral equivalent of accusing a school teacher of repeatedly raping his pupils, with no reason for doing so other than a vague dislike of the education system.

Wasn’t IRONMAN banned or temporalily suspended from this site?

yes, not least for racist posts. He’s at it again already. See my last on Ironman - this between mods thread.

Which post are you referring to “He’s at it already” mate ? , or is it mostly all of his posts, because i rather think hes attitude is quite off altogether. :lol:

I think if we negotiate with IRONMAN he might come to his senses and stop being rude and the insulting posts. Perhaps a negotiation such as – " IF he wants to remain on the site then he has to be well mannered and post reasonable things that wont upset people and know we will be keeping a close eye on him".

If he continues to be a Troll then i suggest that if he wants to post something then it has to be checked by a Mod/Admin, and if we dont agree with it, then it doesnt become comfirmed on a forum as posted.

What do you think guys ? :slight_smile:

Just a quick one, there was no actual battle at Valley Forge, but IRONMAN seemed to not realise that.

For some reason it is referred to as a battle but the battles actually happened in other places.

Valley Forge was the training and camp area for the American forces before they fought the British.

Of course you all believe me right? Or do I have to say it again!!!

So what were IRONMANs assertions about the battle at Valley forge?
(Valley forge where no Battle took place)

Is that Fought or Faught the battle, maybe DictionMan needs to be consulted.

Basically he discounted Valley Forge as a brutal battle on the grounds that it wasn’t modern, it was 1777.

Funny really I though all SPAM children were taught about this famous episode in their battle for freedom!!!

So MANONMAN has now been shown to be wrong abouth is own nations history choosing to blag his way through rather than admit he didnt know about valley forge?

Basically, I would have thought such a keen historian and pedant would have picked up onthe fact no battle was fought in Valley Forge, although when they left the fought 9 days later at Monmouth - in Phildelfia in US of A not Wales.

Agree! :slight_smile:

Here is anice short precis of that terrible battle against, er er, General Winter!

http://www.americanrevwar.homestead.com/files/VALLEY.HTM

Thanks Firefly.

As IRONMAN said I am too lazy to research things like that, so I did it all off the top of my head.

Shame he doesn’t know much about his own countries history.

Edit to add. Never blag a blagger!!!

No cuff to tuff

You can’t bluff a bluffer.

:smiley:

Those crucial posts again.

IRONMAN wrote

[quote]1000ydstare wrote:

[quote]IRONMAN wrote

I realize that you want badly to discredit the fact that the Chosin Reservoir Campaign was the most brutal and vicious battle in the history of modern warfare… because it was largely faught by Americans. But you just can’t.

Educate yourself on the subject, please.

Not at all, I’ve just noticed a sort of trend in your posts.

Anyway back to subject (although what this has got to do with C rations I don’t know)

Why is it the most intense battle of all time?

Why is this statement Quote:
There has not been a battle in the history of modern warfare as “brutal” as the battle at Chosin Reservoir. Not even in WWII.
valid?

Why for example, is Valley Forge not right up there?

Please tell me. [/quote]

Educate yourself on the subject, please. Don’t be lazy. Read what I posted, then use your noodle, search the Internet for authoratative articles by people who know, like government web sites, vets web sites, history web sites.

I have explained it already. Read what Ii posted so you don’t have to ask “Why was it the most visious battle?” again as though the asnwer has not been provided to you, Jan, already.

Okey dokey?[/quote]

and the second

IRONMAN wrote

Valley Forge? See? You are lazy. Since when was that a part of modern warfare?

Sheeesh!

A Cheep shot maybe, but I think we’ll all agree that at no point does IRONMAN use his all encompassing knowledge of everything to point out that Valley Forge was indeed not a battle.

In all subsequent posts he does not point this out either, even when both Bluffcove and pdf carry on, using this as a battle.

Not like the site pedant at all is it?

Of course the bit where he quotes himself saying it was the most bloody battle, blah, blah, is amusing to say the least.

IRONMAN wrote:

Thank you my friend. He faught in the bloodiest battle in the history of modern warfare - Chosin Reservoir Campaign. When i look at my father, I feel small.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

The original post was thanking firefly for a comment on the battle and his dad. It was then reposted as some kind of proof to my question as to why it was the brutalist and bloodiest battle in the history of modern warfare.

Any history students out there take note, you’ll get lots of points if you use the IRONMAN method of verifying facts in any dissertation. Just write “IRONMAN SEZ” in the top right corner, you’ll get an A.

Because he marks them as part of his job of “master of the world knowledge”

In case any of you missed this, here it is again. IRONMAN has posted since and in the same thread. I’d like the support of an admin to give him a limited time (e.g. 48 hours) to retract the Gurkha comments or get another formal warning on the grounds of racist posting.

Crab to be i do agree with you mate, however I think if IRONMAN wants to continue to post on this site then all his posts must come through a mod/admin to be verified and agreed it is suitable to post. :smiley: