New MODs

FW, I doubt that nominating someone as your preffered new user in the MIA thread is a good thing.
You could easily be accused of taking sides (especially by new Russians users).

I was almost accused of taking sides on Lancer and Kovalski by the Russians user. For what? For my opinions, which incidentally were almost the same as Lancers’s and Kovalski’s.

On the old users (with many posts) you could much easier express your opinion openly (like FF and I did there).

My suggestion should be to pay attention to the new users and to avoid misunderstandings.

Cheers!

OK, now that Tiger has gone as a Mod, do we get a new one?

If so, how do we decide?

I dont think anyone gets to be a Mod if they have been here less than 6 months.

So that leaves us very few candidates lately as the boards seem to be slowly dying. This will be the subject of another post.

If anyone I propose ss tiger. He has been involved in a few situations where he has handled himseld quite well, seems level headed and I think could be up for a probationary stint.

Any thoughts.

So, any thoughts?

I think we are okay on mods on the moment. But SS Tiger would be a good future choice.

[quote=Firefly]I dont think anyone gets to be a Mod if they have been here less than 6 months.

Agree.

[quote]If anyone I propose ss tiger. He has been involved in a few situations where he has handled himseld quite well, seems level headed and I think could be up for a probationary stint.

Agree.

Also agree with GS. A good option on the future.

I would prefrer the apolitical SS tiger member than Lancer wich is a fine member but…you know.

SS tiger would be a fine choice!
i wouldnt oppose to that

PM from Hiddenrug

Well we have thought about that alot. We have not come to a decision on weather we need a new mod or not. I love to see those who ask to be a mod! Shows passion and strive. Although sometimes Im not sure if they know what they are getting into. I will tell you that your name has come up a couple of times for future mods. What I what to know is what do you feel you can bring to the site. Why do you want to be a mod? I dont need an essay but would like to hear what you have to say about the site.

Best regards,

Gen. Sandworm

What do you guys think???
Not sure if we need a new one but I like all options open.

Good answer. In Hiddenrug’s case, I received his request during his “conflict” with war heroes http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3762

Hidderung seems a good member to me.

We have some candidates.

What about FW? Is still online? I don’t remeber if he said that he’ll be on vacation.

We have been here together long enough to recognise who would be a decent Mod now.

I dont think Hiddenrug is ready yet, we need guys who are mature and sensible and who wont get sucked into arguments or abuse their Mod abilities.

SS Tiger is still in the running for me, but I do have reservations even about him. I still think we are OK with the volume of traffic right now, but I also think we should decide soon about our next Mod as its always good to have someone in place as a reserve.

Any thoughts.

again, sorry for the absense.
but i think there are enough mods right now, that it would be unnessasary to have new mods right now, but thats just my opinion.

My bold

As a reserve FW, as a reserve.

I somewhat agree with FW at the moment but there are alot of good canadites. However there is now really crazy people on the board the the moment. Just some annoying ones. So maybe we should wait?

if we really have to choose a reserve, i said Lancer44. One of our best poster right now

Well im still not sure if we need another mod. Cause I think you guys seem to have everything undercontrol. You get a pat on the back from me. Thanks guys. :smiley:

yeah, we all (especially dani and firefly) has done an exceptional job, but we still needs to keep people around. You know there is a problem when dani or me is the only person on the forum for more than half a day.

I do think we need another Mod to cover another time zone, we have 3 in europe and 2 in the americas, I think that maybe we should close the gap by having another Australian zone Mod.

Mt first choice is SS Tiger but, saying this I would defer to Lancer as he is in the right zone and can cover the times when we are all sleeping.

So we’re on Lancer (for replacing KIA PzkpwTiger)? :wink: