No fun with the hun???

Very good, Paul. Almost perfect: “…unter dem Busch.”:smiley:

R u german too?:cool:

Aly,

Er ist unter dem busch, he is under the bush.

Schoolboy German from so long ago I don’t want to admit. I can still run to “Zwei bier(e?) bitte” or “Mein Vater sitz im den lehnstuhl” (which are probably two beers please and my father sits in the armchair. The second less useful than the first.) Flame feel free to correct.

Flame,

I struggled then (and now) with the whole Die, Der, Das thing which is an alien concept to English speakers (or possibly just me). I am constantly embarrassed by the wonderful English all you non English speakers manage compared to my poor efforts.

Don’t worry, Paul, it’s an alien concept to many germans these days too. That’s why german grammar was simplified in 1996, another measure for stupidity to take control.:frowning:

WhY are you ashame 2 admit youre German?I know what germany did back then but i still like germans and i was born in an english speaking country and you can type better in english than me, so dont be too hard on youre self.

No, I am English I did a bit of German as a schoolboy.

Lesson II:

msd2-18.10.44#.jpg

Thanx…U know what German is silimlar too the english launguge.
Do u have any more.
Im actulally writing this down.

So, we started with poking sticks at a troll and ended with German lessons…
This is just great!

Lucky Germans;)
I’ve broke my mind trying to deeper learn the alien English.

A rough translation would be “Thankyou. Did you know that German is similar to the English language?”.

buddy , i 'm not that much stupid;)
I meant in general sense, the German and English has a common ancient roots , so it’s more easy for germans to study the english.

Aly, these “lessons” were actually from the daily newspaper of the US armed forces in the ETO, “The Stars and Stripes”, supposed to teach helpful phrases to the troops.
The german translations were in the upper left corner of the front page. In the upper right corner there had been a french translation box called “Ici on parle francais” teaching less war related stuff like “Where do you live?” or “May I see you again tomorrow?”.

And yes, the central-, southern- and western european languages are related to another, all latin-based IIRC.
And, Chevan, german and russian languages are growing together as well. I just learned that the word “butterbrot” belongs to the common russian vocabulary by now.:smiley:

… especialy if keep in mind that the Butter&Bread ( “brot” in russian pronounce) has PURE foreign roots that has come to russia from British Impire;)

Duddette, German lessons for today:

ask a German what Arnold Schwarzenegger’s last name could be translated into…I mean the color for black is similar…it’s Swartz(spelling could be off but simlar pronounciation)… and negger…welll it speaks for itself…(if your German)…
In the olden days, calling someone a Polak a person from Poland…it was the worse thing to be called (so my dad claims)

A sweinhunt is a pig dog…apparently Germans use this name a lot when calling someone they think is a real dick…they call him a sweinhunt

An Aushluch (spelling?) means an a-hole

When you agree with what a German says you say Das Stimt!
When a German see’s duddette he say’s Guuten tag Hepsha Machen! :slight_smile:

Thanx Herman2 for information…I see you got german blood:)

Whos the troll…I want to join in and pick on them aswell;)
Youre welcome too join in with the german lessons.

Its harder for you Russians too learn English cause youre language is totally different too English, While the german language resembles english.

Oh i thought you were German living in England:cool:

Sind sie ernst?