Posts from Argentinian Military

All sounds good to me. As I said in another thread, I’m not sure the guys will want it now, but we did promise them a solution and I think that this is it. We can also add that it needs a minimum of 8-10 members and if the interest isnt there, then thats fine, at least we let them know we thought about it!

True indeed!

Firefly would you like to write up the conditions and post the idea under site feedback. I say we make it ten members need to be interested for the go ahead. If it works then FW or I will make the room.

If it works then one of us will have to head the mod group. Deciding who gets in and who gets kicked. Any takers?

I will do both and make the announcement later tonight (hopefully), if not tommorrow AM, if this is OK.

Ok, its only been up about 16 hours and already we have the required amount of people.

Can it be structured like this please.

Rooms

Pre-1982 - Discussions before the War.

1982 - Discussions about the War.

Post-1982 - Discussions after the war and the future of the Islands.

Thanks.

So far the users will be most of the usual suspects:

Cuts/MOS/Pdf-27/SS Tiger/2nd of Foot/Cpl Condor/Eagle/1000yd stare/fluffy bunny GB?

And of course me, once created I will again spell out the rules for membership and make it clear we mean buisiness about flaming etc.

:oops:
I deleted by mistake a post made by Tiger:

So will every admin/mod have access to this room or will it be moderated by say Gen. Sandworm and FW in addition to Firefly?

I’d say that every admin/mod have access.
The exclusion of a heated user will be made by Firefly (as a head of this “usergroup”) on his choice and/or admins/mods suggestion(s).

Yes all should have the ability to MOD this, we all know how heated it can get at times.

Also, good to know that Dani can hit delete instead of quote as well as me! :smiley:

:lol: :lol:
I carefully watch on “quote” button this time as you can see!

Well FW and I wont need to be added to the group. However should be no problem to add Dani and Tiger. Firefly are you interested in heading the usergroup?

Also I would like to not that all members in the group will have mod access in that part of the forum. So if there are any members you think are security risks please dont admit them. Or anyone that you feel is abusing the room or slight power they have been given.

Oops, I just assumed that Firefly will be the head! Sorry for that!

Edited: It seems that Tiger assumed that one as well.

Well FW and I wont need to be added to the group. However should be no problem to add Dani and Tiger. Firefly are you interested in heading the usergroup?

Also I would like to not that all members in the group will have mod access in that part of the forum. So if there are any members you think are security risks please dont admit them. Or anyone that you feel is abusing the room or slight power they have been given.[/quote]

I will head it, I thought I mentioned that the other day.

Do you mean that all members of the usergroup can edit each others posts? What else would they be able to see and do?

I didn’t know that! We should try as a regular user. For example I could open a second account (only for one post), I will add “myself” on 101st Airborne, I will re login-in with second account, add a test post in 101st and check what can I do as a normal user. After that, FW or Gen will de-activate my second account.
Could I?

I dont remember being able to edit posts when I was a member of the LRDG and not a MOD.

Maybe you just didnt notice! But yes you had mod powers. Only in that forum. Its not a big deal but just pointing it out.

Dani you can make a 2nd account if you want to check but dont think you need to. But if you would like to double check my theory go ahead. Make sure you post your new username so I can add you to Axis or 101st.

My second account will be Test

So its confirmed by 2 sources. So keep this is mind if we form the group.

I checked in 101st.
I saw that I have mod power on posts.
Now please delete Test account!
Thanks!

OK, then we make it plain that any infringement of this facility will result in immediate removal from the User Group and a Ban on the main forum?

Sounds good. Let me or FW know when we have enough member to warrant the room.

I will give it another few days to see if anyone else is interested, but we have 9 now.