Problems that need to be dealt with!!!

So, instead of changing his nickname on his multiplayer game, he asked to change his username here! Strange! :smiley:

On the other hand, did anybody checked Erwin’s new logo on his signature?
I saw it when I was cleaning the “Argentinean Military”. Please take a look. Might be insulting for a Chilean even if we don’t have (yet?) a Chilean member.
It is written:
“I never invaded Iraq, i just liberated it” - George W. Bush
“Chile is hiding massive destruction weapons” - Erwin Schätzer

Edited: Thirdly, it seems that FW must re-design his signature :wink:
FW, in the left below it is writen 21 Panzer Division.

Will Erwin be back?

Now we have no Falklands I dont think so.

Also, the guys who seen clause/phantom here and who come back, will know its still him, the name changes, but the post stay the same!

Needles to say, I wouldnt like clausse to be a Mod, far too immature I think. I think he would end up like Erwin, wanting everybody to like him but hating everybody when they dont.

OK, the term Japs has been used in this thread

http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

SO does the rule still stand? If we allow Japs, we have to allow a lot more as well.

I sent a PM to Lemuel asking him to abide by the rules and I editted their posts to take out the word Jap.

At what stage do they get a warning?

So far we have 2 topics developing in different languages.

Argentinian Military - in Spanish (with Erwin’s comeback).

[I don’t know its name] topic - (Russian Military) - in Russian(http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1325&highlight=)

How could we deal with such situations?

A request to all posters to double their posts with translation in English? We are on an English language forum.
On the other hand I’d like to talk in Romanian with Orita and Mars (see http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1333&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have to do something otherwise FW-190 will give us written orders in Chinese and we’ll don’t understand him!! (I hope you don’t mind, FW!!! :smiley: )

Edited to correct a link.

So far we have 2 topics developing in different languages.

Argentinian Military - in Spanish (with Erwin’s comeback).

[I don’t know its name] topic - (Russian Military) - in Russian(http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1325&highlight=)

How could we deal with such situations?

A request to all posters to double their posts with translation in English? We are on an English language forum.
On the other hand I’d like to talk in Romanian with Orita and Mars (see http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1333&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have to do something otherwise FW-190 will give us written orders in Chinese and we’ll don’t understand him!! (I hope you don’t mind, FW!!! :smiley: )[/quote]
lol, i wouldnt do that, and i have been thinking of having that new rules too
but we will have to see how the other mods think about that, but i think its nessasary

My only reservation here is that it excludes all others that dont speak the language. So only 1 or 2 can actually join in the debate.

Isnt this what PM is for? If it continues we will effectively have several private rooms for the speakers of that language. On the other hand, that may be an idea.

A new minor problem.

Its about locations, one of our members has overseas in combat as their location:

http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=487&start=135

I have PMed him and asked him to change it. He responds to my PM here in the forum.

So I sent him another PM and asked him again.

Is this a big deal? But we do have the rule about locations so I would ask what will happen if he refuses my next PM?

Let him be for the moment. Not sure if he is going to be a trouble maker or not. If people start complaining about it. Namely people that have been in combat then send him another PM and tell him that if he doesnt change is now then you will have to take administrative actions. Also express that your not trying to be a dick but then again you have to look out for other members.

Location is a tricky thing. I would love if people put their actual locations but you dont want to jump all over them for not doing it. Plus I cant prove that someone is really from Oslo or that they really arent hiding under a bush. :slight_smile:

Yes your right. I think its very minor too. Thanks for the clarification though.

Remeber “Berlin” of FW :smiley: :smiley:

Dani could you … when you get time…write up a list off things new mods need to know and what they are expected to do and post this under war room - rules. I guess i should write one for chief mods as well. This is all just for clarity and so in the future people know exactly what it is they are expected to do. Let me know if you have any questions

Sure, will do as soon as I have some time.

Meantime, I can’t figure any possible situations that mods could face. :smiley:

(Remember that German guy who posted an advertise for his auctions :smiley: )

I thought he was in Berlin for ages, kept wondering why he would say things like, id like to go to Europe 1 day etc. Didnt realise hes in bloody Canada!

:shock:

It is done! FW changed his location to Vancouver.
:smiley: Well done FW!

to be honest, i didnt plan to stay more than a week when i sign up, so i mess up with the location.

What made you stick around FW? Maybe we can learn from the reason you stayed and get others to stay.

when i join, there is no erwin and ironman yet, the forum has no insult and everyone is nice, thats like never happen before, so i guess i will just stay:P

Which brings me to my point … Do you think we really need another mod? Im extremly happy with the mods we have. The 5 of of (being FW, Dani, Firefly, Tiger and myself are usually always here once a day. Any problems that arise im sure we could handle it.

BTW FW you and I need to have a talk about SAM when you get the chance!

maybe we can demote him and promote either firefly or tiger to the chief mods?

Well no offense to anyone but I always like the idea of one chief mod. But thats just me.