Problems that need to be dealt with!!!

Which brings me to my point … Do you think we really need another mod? Im extremly happy with the mods we have. The 5 of of (being FW, Dani, Firefly, Tiger and myself are usually always here once a day. Any problems that arise im sure we could handle it.

BTW FW you and I need to have a talk about SAM when you get the chance![/quote]

I think right now the volume of posts doesnt warrant another Mod. If it gets busier then we can always look for another candidate, and you never know, by then some of the newer guys may have shown more promise.

Also, I think the chain of command is OK right now. We have the Gen then FW, then Dani and then us lesser Mods. I’m happy being an Indian for now and not a Chief, I’m sure Tiger feels the same.

Sweet happy days… 8)

Remember that we don’t had any moderator and ww2admin came on the forum rarely (like today)?

I don’t mind being a regular mod. But there are some perks to being Chief :lol: Anyway about the whole Clauss name changing ordeal, I was asked by Erwin to have his name changed. I was wondering about the feasibility of it, since it is, or I was told, due to many of the reasons Clauss had his name changed.

Edited: If this passes, Erwin requests his name changed to Sturmtruppen

I see the floodgates have started to crack. Why change the name when the posts remain?

I propose a New rule that you can only change your name a maximum of 2 times. I suppose Clausse set that one with his second change.

I know there is no actual harm in it, but it gets a bit silly after a while.

Well then inform the public of your new rule! :wink:

Please note that all new rules MUST be accepted in first instance by FW and/or Gen. Sandworm.

If you haven’t yet their “yes, you could post it” , you are not allowed to post openly.

Well then inform the public of your new rule! :wink:[/quote]

I dont approve! You are allowed 1 name change and you have to have a really good reason. 2 is 2 many. :smiley:

ok, i will put up the rule now

Please note that all new rules MUST be accepted in first instance by FW and/or Gen. Sandworm.

If you haven’t yet their “yes, you could post it” , you are not allowed to post openly.[/quote]

Agree with Dani, Mods can propose rules, but cant submit them. There has to be a rank structure here I think.

If someoen want another name change after that, do they have to start a new account? I suppose they would have to tell us that they wanted their old account deleted though.

Further to this, if an account is deleted, do all the posts go? Im not sure they would, just interested. Again I know we have an only 1 account rule.

If you haven’t yet their “yes, you could post it” , you are not allowed to post openly.[/quote]

Agree with Dani, Mods can propose rules, but cant submit them. There has to be a rank structure here I think.[/quote]
i dont know if its wrong or what, but i have been thinking of giving them the regular mods even more power, like
-awarding people,
-giving out warning,
-setting up new rules,
-delete/edit insult/bad post,
-propose to ban members,
-propose to promote regular members to mods

then admin can
-edit/delete the rule if we found it unfair
-cancel the warning if we found it unfair

the reason to do that is to give more power to the mods, so they can work more efficently, how about that?

www.unitedhk.com/LoveHKradio/><.wmv

Agree with Dani, Mods can propose rules, but cant submit them. There has to be a rank structure here I think.[/quote]
i dont know if its wrong or what, but i have been thinking of giving them the regular mods even more power, like
-awarding people,
-giving out warning,
-setting up new rules,
-propose to ban members,

then admin can
-edit/delete the rule if we found it unfair
-cancel the warning if we found it unfair

the reason to do that is to give more power to the mods, so they can work more efficently, how about that?[/quote]

I was under the impression that we could do most of this anyway?

I have already deleted things from posts, like the Japanese pictures. I have editted posts for saying Jap. Ive proposed new Mods. Maybe we should be able to give an informal warning, but for a formal I would prefer we all discuss a situation before hand. No matter how impartial we think we are, there are always times when we wont be, its just human nature.

I dont want to cancel a warning, for the same reasons.

As Mods, Admin, we have to be a team and we all know theres no I in team. We cant be shown to disagree with each other.

Thats what the heirarchy is all about. If Tiger were to edit a post and I didnt like it and re-editted it, then the members would see that there was a conflict.

Open conflict on the boards is just not a good idea. Sure we can have our conflicts in the War Room. But out there we should be as one.

I think we just all need to use our common sense out there and report back here to assess anything that may grow into a situation.

As you North Americans would say - just my 2 cents…

-giving out warning,
-setting up new rules,
-propose to ban members,

Mods can do these. Just propose a rule to everybody before you post it. I think we are fine with the awards part.

yes, i know the mods are always allow to do those things, but many of the times i found them asking whether if they can do it or not.

i just want to make sure the mods understand what they can do, i try to give the mods the power to edit message because i trust them they can get the job done, and they would not be biased (sp) toward regular members.

However, if you think its serious enough that you cant make the decision on your own, then you are more than welcome to post it in here and we will discuss from there.

As for the conflict, thats why we have this war room, if you dont like what the other mods/admin has done, complain it in here and we will discuss what we can do.

thats my 2 cents :wink:

Mate, I trust any of our current Mods to do the right thing. I think we have a good bunch right now and all of you are sensible and think about things.

yeah, i know our mods group is very good, but just to make it clear to aviod future conflicts

I have a “to do list” to make. So far I am still waiting an answer from
Gen. Sandworm (as a reply to my PM sent to him)

SO what are we doing with Erwin then?

Hes insulting, swearing at others, generally causing the same stuff that Ironman and Bluffcove did.

WHat is the next step? Ban him for another week? Etc…

Well, it’s a little bit interesting, because Gen. Sandworm is in Ireland up to 4th of January and FW will fly to HK soon.

Only them could ban a user (technically speaking).

As for Erwin, if he disobeys, he’ll get another warning.(his 5th or 6th - I have to check).