Quiz

Yes your turn!

A deserter from the Coldstream Guards in the 1930s he then turned to crime. A safecracker by profession and serving fourteen years in jail on Jersey in the Channel Islands, at that time under German occupation, he volunteered to spy for the Germans in England. He was trained at the Abwehr sabotage school at Nantes in France and then was parachuted into England on December 20, 1942, with a mission to blow up the De Havilland aircraft factory at Hatfield, in Hertfordshire, which was producing the new fighter-bomber, the Mosquito.

After landing, he contacted British Intelligence who contrived a plan to blow up part of the factory not in use, giving the Germans the impression that the mission had succeeded. On returning to Jersey for more work, was decorated with the German Iron Cross.

Actual and code name please.

Eddie Chappmann, codenamed ZigZag

Hell yeah!

Your turn.

By the end of WWII there were how many offenses punishable by death in Germany?

Seems like you got me on this one :evil:

Can’t find a clue :frowning:

Can’t find a clue :([/quote]

Ah :(… ok, by the end of the war there were 46 offenses that were punishable by death.

New question: Where was the first fired by the Allies?

Can’t find a clue :([/quote]

Ah :(… ok, by the end of the war there were 46 offenses that were punishable by death.

New question: Where was the first fired by the Allies?[/quote]

Hey aspeta un minuto!
I want to know more-what were they (the 46).

Answer dont know and guys just want to say i will be inactive week or two becouse i go to trip for holidays. :wink:

Mary Christmas and Happy new year!!!

Merry Christmas mate.
Im on holidays too (till Jan the 2nd) and Im on a lousy 56k dial up…

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, buddies!!!

Certamente Tsolias! I am also interested at. I was searching all day how many were.

Anyway Im sure It’ll worth the waiting.

No holidays for you Dani?

I’m not clear on the details of the actual counts, I just know that by wars end there were 46 offenses you could be killed for :shock: if I come across them I’ll be sure to post.

P.S.- Happy Holidays Clauss!

Holiday from the office, but actually on duty here! :smiley: :smiley:

Oh ok.

PS Dani holidays in the office sucks!

The first shot of World War II in Europe was fired from the German battleship Schleswig Holstein which was on an official visit to Poland and berthed in Danzig harbour. At 4.30 am on September 1, 1939, the ship moved slowly down the Port Canal and took up position opposite the Westerplatte (an area containing Polish troop barracks and workshops) and at 4.47 am, the order to ‘Fire’ was given.

World War II had begun. Seven days later, on September 7, the Westerplatte Garrison surrendered.

Tsolias, I mean that I’ll have quit a long holiday but I’ll stay at home. I will not leave Bucharest and I’ll be on duty here, on the forum. :lol: :lol:

[quote=“Tsolias”]

The first shot of World War II in Europe was fired from the German battleship Schleswig Holstein which was on an official visit to Poland and berthed in Danzig harbour. At 4.30 am on September 1, 1939, the ship moved slowly down the Port Canal and took up position opposite the Westerplatte (an area containing Polish troop barracks and workshops) and at 4.47 am, the order to ‘Fire’ was given.

World War II had begun. Seven days later, on September 7, the Westerplatte Garrison surrendered.[/quote]

Correct in a respect, but I asked for the first shot fired by the Allies

You mean Western allies?