Quiz

Correct !
Its your turn Dani!

Dani, that was Tsolias’s question, it’s your turn now… we are waiting… :wink:

Sorry for now! :oops:

Since Dani is busy,here it is:

A deserter from the Coldstream Guards in the 1930s he then turned to crime. A safecracker by profession and serving fourteen years in jail on Jersey in the Channel Islands, at that time under German occupation, he volunteered to spy for the Germans in England. He was trained at the Abwehr sabotage school at Nantes in France and then was parachuted into England on December 20, 1942, with a mission to blow up the De Havilland aircraft factory at Hatfield, in Hertfordshire, which was producing the new fighter-bomber, the Mosquito.

After landing, he contacted British Intelligence who contrived a plan to blow up part of the factory not in use, giving the Germans the impression that the mission had succeeded. On returning to Jersey for more work, he was decorated with the German Iron Cross. After the war, he was also given a British decoration, the only Englishman thus awarded! Later he set up a health farm and died aged 83 in 1997 leaving a wife and daughter.

Who might that be?

Good Question…Eddie Chapman?

Correct-the famous ZigZag!

Gen. Sandworm, looks like it would be your turn.

I hope that Gen. wouldn’t be upset if I’ll post a quiz. :smiley:

What means “Tiger” reffering to D-day?? :smiley: :smiley:

Tiger was the code name of the training exercise for the Utah Beach assault forces under Admiral Don P. Moon. It was held from April 22-30, 1944.

Gooood Tsolias!! Also to be mentioned that the Allied landing ships were attacked by Germans!!!

Thanks Dani.

My question:

What was the most expensive weapon developed by United States during WWII?

Weapon, equipment or system? :wink:

Err weapon.
One big machine that causes death :twisted:

Err weapon.
One big machine that causes death :twisted:[/quote]

Nuke??

Hmm no. :frowning:

:oops: Sorry, I noticed right now that you wrote machine!

hmmm, it wasn’t the atomic bomb… a guess though, a Naval Aircraft Carrier :? I doubt it though :shock:

Want a hint?
OK it had wings! :shock:

Boeing B-52 Bomber?

Gotha Go 229 A-1 bomber :?