Quiz

Probably for Germany, but if Tsolias was looking for the most expenisve piece of equipment that the US developed.

yes thats right

So Tsolias, would it be the B-52 Superfortress? :?

Err, come on you 're soo close!

The Boeing B29 Superfortress was the largest bomber to enter service in World War Two. B29’s played a major part in the overall bombing campaign in the Far East and two B29 Superfortress bombers (‘Enola Gay’ and ‘Bockscar’) took part in the atomic bomb raids on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August 1945.

Edited: Also http://www.boeing.com/history/boeing/b29.html

Correct Dani!

At a contemporary cost of $3 billion dollars, the B-29 bomber cost more than the Manhattan project!

The B-29 was the first true “systems” aircraft. It’s turrets were all
controlled by a central fire control system and radar was integrated as a
navigation and bombing aid. The super fortress was also the first aircraft
to utilize a pressurized cabin allowing it to fly higher than any previous
aircraft. Weighing in at 135,000 pounds fully loaded and capable of speeds
exceeding 350 miles per hour, the B-29 was the fastest, heaviest and
longest ranged bomber of the war.

http://history.acusd.edu/gen/st/~plewis/0~index.html

Tsolias, please post another quiz!

Right now I’m not prepared for a good one :wink: .

Don’t know if this is a good one but here it is:

What was the first thing that all allied soldiers did when their armies reached the river of Rhine?

I think they established a bridgehead, much to their own suprise, on the Rhine bridge of Remagen. The Germans had failed to demolish it. :?

hmmm,no. :frowning:

Had a party and got all drunk? :lol: Just kidding, I’m really not sure… unfortuantely Dani is the only other 101st Airborne user around somewhat regularly, I hope he knows! :shock:

Should i give it away?

I’m stumped, if Dani gets on soon, then no but if he doesn’t well then… :shock:

ok lets wait a few hours.
btw were’s Clauss?

Don’t know really, he’s been MIA for awhile now I believe…

You might as well give it away, I haven’t an idea, Dani and Clauss aren’t likely to check here within the next day, Pavy’s been MIA forever now, and Gen.Sandworm is in Norway… so you get where I’m going with this I hope…

When allied armies reached the Rhine, the first thing men did was pee in it. This was pretty universal from the lowest private to Winston Churchill (who made a big show of it) and Gen. Patton (who had himself photographed in the act).

hy guys ,here i am :lol: i am been busy yesterday. :wink:

oooh, well hi Clauss :lol: , anyway Tsolias, whose turn is it next? Do you wanna make another question?

I guess I’ll go…What was the Third Reich’s highest honor, and who was the only serviceman to recieve it?