Rules regarding Warnings/Infractions!

As you probably thought about it, I’m between an admin and a mod speaking of powers.
Look at this http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/ and go to Users > Ban User

I have a sort of an “admin control panel” which actually it is called “moderator control panel” with 2 features “Ban user” and “Search” a user by his IP or by his name.
That’s why I didn’t understand what GS required from me in other thread here in our room.:D:D

As long as it follows the rules set out here! Also I suggest you follow what I said to you in that PM.

I do and I will.

pdf read the 1st confirm.

Maybe we need an exception rule for those who fake being active/veterans of the military? Let me know what you think!

Definately we need that, 5 points never expired for them ¡¡

Read and understood. Strangely, I don’t think I saw this thread previously…

Sorry everyone. Wrong move by me. Wont happen again.

I think yes. It tarnishes the memory of Vets and causes active military to be often shown in a bad light. Imitators do something that real military seldom do and that is brag about their service.

I personally would chuck them out immediately that we were sure of their falseness.

No worries!

BTW I got a pm from Sgt. Dorr

Well if he posts again then I will think about banning him. Im sure he will just leave.

I was thinking that maybe if we catch someone and they admit it just a 2 point infraction. For those who dont and our obviously fake…skip to ban. Or we could just skip the whole being nice thing and instance ban.

What do you guys think?

As I said earlier, this is the best way of dealing with such individuals.

As a side note - FF, please stop apologising. This one is the third apologising post written by you. As you said, we all have our moments. Come on mate!:slight_smile:

Sorry Dani, oops, there I go again, I cant help apologising, I’m a Brit you know!

I would go with an instant ban if someone is detected but only after they have been PMed and given the chance to come clean. Say PM them and say you have 7 days to admit that you are lying and then if they havent after 7 days an instant ban. If they do admit it they get at least a 2 point permanent infraction as an example to others?

How about one mod warning (big red text and all that) to come clean, followed by a ban if they don’t? I’m very concious that we get a lot of kids on here who simply won’t comprehend why what they do is so wrong.
I think they do have to come clean publicly in the forum though - letting them get away with Walting it up just goes totally against the grain, but I also think that we have to give them at least a chance at redemption. And as tempting as it is to set the Arrse Waltenkommando on them, neither we or they need the grief :wink:

If we do get agreement on this, can it be added to wherever the rules sticky is? It’s the sort of policy that works better when advertised.

Just one point here. Setting any AArse anything on anybody would not be a good idea. Some re-enactors do a bloody good job and some guys on AArse wouldnt be fit to lick their Walto Boots. Just being in the military and posting on AArse doesnt give you a right to abuse a hobby or a service.

If I see another group of AArser running here for fun they wont last long. Dont get me wrong its a good site and we have some excellent members from there, including your good self but often they are very insular.

Rant over, I think its a god idea to add it to the rules. Anyone found impersonating a serving or veteran military member will be warned and given 1 week to apologise with a 2 point infraction. If they do not within that time, then they will be banned.

Well since there are a couple of ideas here maybe we should take this to the members!?!? After all it their site too.

What for ?The thing is simple, if somebody impersonate a ww2 veteran, Korea veteran, vietnam veteran, irak veteran of whatever, that person should be banned, 5 point, never and to other bussines.

Put a poll out there in site feedback. One it will be a warning to these people and im interested in what the members think.

I likethe idea of a poll as everyone will know we are on to it.

I believe that the Mod bussines was in our hand and not in the members hands. :rolleyes:…but seems that I was wrong.

It is bro…yet I wanted to send a warning out to those that are thinking about it whatever we decide…and it will be the staff that decides. But it nice to know what the members think. Remember in the end we serve the members of the site. Not the other way around. :wink:

Seems like we might end up going for the permanent ban option regarding fake vets. Ill the poll continue a bit longer.

On another note it might not be a bad idea to put a few more problems out there in the future. Might make it easier for us to find mods in the future. Hell we can decide the issues before we talk about it in public. Just an idea!