Site comments

On http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7441#7441 you didn’t made any mention about the criteria (in our case the number of the posts needed to became an Officer for instance).
Edited: I mean on how many post could somebody gain a rank? Also I think that you have to consider also the number of new topics opened by somebody (replied topics :smiley: :smiley: ) in order to grant smb a higher rank.

[quote=“Dani”]

On http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7441#7441 you didn’t made any mention about the criteria (in our case the number of the posts needed to became an Officer for instance).
Edited: I mean on how many post could somebody gain a rank? Also I think that you have to consider also the number of new topics opened by somebody (replied topics :smiley: :smiley: ) in order to grant smb a higher rank.[/quote]

Well i can make special ranks. For instance ww2admin gave me mine and I made one for FW-190. However it is a real rank(you could reach by posting) I could give you the exact number you must post for each rank but that might kinda ruin things dont ya think? I have been thinking about bumping the mods to officers but still debating it. I dont want someone to think just coz they are an officer that they should automatically become a mod.

Yep. Now I understand the reason(s)!!! :smiley: :smiley:

I can add them to the avatar if you want,but,the avatar space is very limited,and,it isn´t going to be good as sam idea,so,the sam idea is great.

can you have german medals too?
(if that is not german)

as far as how the medals are reward, how about giving to members according to their quality for their topics?
that might encourage more people to post quality topics in different areas

so for those people, one medal would be taken off when they violated our rules, until they have no more medals then we will give him the warning, how about that?

Here is my revised list

Administrator’s Citation Medal
-Given to any member that displays a unique act for the site. Highest of all Medals.

Outstanding Site Service Medal
-Given to any member that has repeatedly done the site a great service.

Outstanding Moderator Medal
-Given to any moderator that has displayed superior attitude and care for this site.

Outstanding Loyal Member Medal
-Given to any member that has repeatedly shown loyalty to the site and distinguishes himself among members.

Loyal Member Medal
-Given to any member that has shown great loyalty to the site.

All-Around Good Posting Medal
-Given to any member that has repeatedly posted valuable information on the site.

Outstanding Post Medal
-Given to any member that makes a post of great value.

Site Service Medal
-Given to any member who has done the site a valuable service.

Outstanding Idea Medal
-Given to any member that comes up with a wonderful idea that helps improve the site.

Good Conduct Medal
-Given to any member that demonstrates an all-around good attitude on the site.

Site Defense Medal
-Given to any member that shows an attempt to defend the site from those that would attempt to defile it.

Site Peacekeeping Medal
-Given to any member that shows an attempt to keep peace on the site.

I was thinking that Sergeant Major’s and above may recommend anyone for a medal. However only the Admins will give them.

Let me know what you think?? If you like it I will post it soon.
Sorry everything so far has been based off the US Army and would be to much trouble to change that.

i like them 8)

Also I like them.
I want to clarify something: “the site” means the site and the forum or the forum?
If it means also the site, how could we help the site? Submitting pics, banners exchange, etc?

Well I was mostly talking about the forum. But im sure that if you helped out the “site” then you could get a medal. Thats more of ww2admin’s dept than mine.

I think that would be a good addition to the forum a search machine through posts/threads and so on.
Now we have only “search members”

Uh not on my screen. Even when i was a normal member i could do a search thru all the posts??? Maybe you should take a better look at search up at the top.

when i click on Who is Online,i see that dani is always searching posts with the search tool :slight_smile: .

i will try it and then comment

I am a big dumb!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Always I thought that it is a single link (Search members :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: )
Only today I found that members is one thing and search another :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry fellows for all inconvenience caused.

you`re always using that tools dani :smiley: ,are you searching for a comment in special?.

I posted my stupid ideea because I was pissed off by Tiger. It seems that he doesn’t want (know) to search on old threads/topics/posts.
Once again excuse my stupid “question” :smiley:

my ideas is to:

• set up a questionaire every two weeks, it has about 10 questions
    ( the questions would mainly be world war 2 related), if users get over 80% of them right after 5 questionaires, then he will get to promote a rank

• there should be 5 points for posting new stuff, if the post is delete by one of the mod, the poster would suffer 10 points. But if the users is posting good stuff, 10 points should be awarded (too bad we cant do that for now, but if ww2admin, please consider this)

• sucudulle a time table for users to gather to play world war 2 games like bf 1942, medal of honour

a) 5 points / 10 points represents the number of the posts?
b) it’s better to discuss in this forum (something like in awards committee)
who will be awarded and who will be suffer for these generally named new stuff.

T-34s_Are_Cool I deleted your post in Tank debate. If you’ll post again such offensive posts you’ll receive an informal warning.

Edited: T-34s_Are_Cool have the second post deleted in What WW2 era fire arms you fired.
2nd edit: Flaming topic started by T-34s_Are_Cool was deleted.

yeah, those points is the number of posts, since those posts directly affect your rank (i have to talk to admin for giving me those power to award posts (points) and decrease posts (points) in the future, or i might have to ask gen.sandworm to teach me how to to do it if current forum would let me do it)

so far only the questioniare would work, i will come up with the question real soon, thanks for reading

To encourge more people to post more quality post, i think an award system would help.

If any of the mod think the person has post a quality post, he or she will reply with the following

“This is a quality post, as soon as you make your second quality post in a different section, you will be promoted a rank.”

If this happen the second time, then one of our mods would say the following

“Congrats! You have made your second quality post in a different section, you will now promote a rank from (his/her current rank)”

Users can only get promoted twice maximum, after that, he would get a medal for posting quality topics or reply

If the users has post garbage post like T34s are cool is the other day, then one of our mods can say that

“This is a post that does not contribute much to the forum, please do not do it again or you will get domote a rank”

if they do it again

“Sorry, this is the second time you have post something that does not contribute much to the forum, you will be demoted one rank from (his/her current rank)”

Users can only be demote twice maximum, after that he will be issued a warning

do you think its good enough?