Suggestions for Management

you are wrong,that suggestion must be for mods,admin have other things to do

If that is a reference to 1000ydstare’s suggestion, then logically you think that only mods and admin should contribute to this thread.

That would make it a bit pointless for the others to read, so I imagine that WW2admin’s reason for starting the thread was so that anyone could make a suggestion.
But maybe I’m wrong, maybe he did only want mods and admins to contribute to it, in which case my suggestion is that the thread should be accessible only to those people.

Edited to explain the last.

If that is a reference to 1000ydstare’s suggestion, then logically you think that only mods and admin should contribute to this thread.

That would make it a bit pointless, so I imagine that WW2admin’s reason for starting the thread was so that anyone could make a suggestion.
But maybe I’m wrong.[/quote]

a suggestion for mods can be: delete large gifs that are too much heavy.

a suggestion for admins can be: add sounds to the site or a messenger.

A suggestion for Erwin is that Mods and Admins are capable of moderating or administering threads such as these ourselves, without him butting in and harassing other members.

no.

im saying that admins work with the site and options of it.

and the mods work in moderating and deleting,editing or calming members.

admins can also moderate and that,but it’s not the most important thing that an admin can do.

the admin does this when the mod isn’t doing his work in the place of the problems.

Grow up Erwin, just let things go.

shut up,boy of 19

shut up,boy of 19[/quote]

Erwin, as you are neither an Admin or a Mod, and have clearly made your point, please stop banging on about it.

shut up,boy of 19[/quote]

Erwin, as you are neither an Admin or a Mod, and have clearly made your point, please stop banging on about it.[/quote]
you too,shut up

Hmm exceedingly adult and informative post tha one. Are you actually tring for a ban?

i guess you are.

Crab_to_be nice capbadge!!!

QGS, ah those were the days.

Erwin, you know I can’t work out what is more tragic.

The fact that you now believe I am only 19, and will presumably never be told otherwise from now on.

It is uncoroberated hearsay, so it is obviously fact.

Or

The fact that you swallowed it hook, line and sinker (not to mention the boat) and have used it to try and lord it over me for that last hour or two!!!

You must really miss your mod powers.

How does it go again…

Shut up, boy of 19

LOL :smiley:

Please tell me you knew this was a wind up and were just playing along, and you haven’t been sat at your computer with a grin from ear to ear for the last few hours!!!

there goes another!

SHUT THE :oops: UP,boy of 19! :smiley: .

in england,the boys of your age can drink beer?

Swearing eliminated by Crab.

You will all decist from posting here, unless it is a suggestion for an admin. Additionally, you will not swear in this thread. Threads have been edited for compliance.

Future off topic posts will be purged without further warning.

Edited to add: Swearing here was not as widespread as I thought. In fact, only the post above me, where the edit has been annotated.

Edited to add (2): Erwin’s post purged as it contained no suggestions for Admins. 1000yds post edited to eliminate non-suggestion elements.

Suggestion for Admin.

Is there no way the software can be programmed to reject or change the swearwords? Some forums do this.

<purged by Crab>

Yea this can be done…but at the moment i dont feel it is such a problem. Im always open to suggestions so maybe we should poll it to what other members think???

Yea this can be done…but at the moment i dont feel it is such a problem. Im always open to suggestions so maybe we should poll it to what other members think???[/quote]

I think the censor programmes are a double-edged sword.
People will always find a way round the swear-censor, just by altering the usual spelling.
The software will not recognise this but the human eye/brain will read the word as an expletive.
Further, some of them delete the strangest of words, wristwatch was one I couldn’t understand until i looked within the word - wrisTWATch !

On another weapons discussion forum it was impossible to write ‘cock the weapon’ without the ‘offending’ word being starred out !

Chicken is a banned word in your MSN profile for some reason. or at least it was a few months ago

try it. If you have absolutely nothing better to do with your time, otherwise you can just believe me.

SUGGESTION:

Some of the rules were enacted in haste by people who were mods at the time and are no longer mods to protect themselves from backlash from what they were doing on “other means”.

It might be prudent to recind said rules, or at least reconsider them.