Suicide attack

Eaten ?

Dropped more like !
Or used to adorn the new shirt you’ve bought as the latest pulling kit.

Eaten ?

Dropped more like !
Or used to adorn the new shirt you’ve bought as the latest pulling kit.[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

N is for nob

O is for Obtuse

F is for fist as a part thats me 0515 ta ta

Q is for quilmes

O is for out of topic :lol:

Oooooh get her! Someone has become very serious now that they are a mod!

P is for PRIAPICMAN

“R” is for “Resurrecting an off-topic thread that was dying with dignity!”

:stuck_out_tongue:

you can´t understand a joke man!, im still the same,im just going to care the topics under my moderation (only off topic now).

P is for poop

Yet despite this the US lost very few carriers to Kamikaze attacks (the USS Franklin is about the only one I’m aware of), and the wooden decks were relatively easy to repair. Every single one of the British armoured carriers that were hit at some point had to be scrapped as constructive total losses after the war due to cumulative damage. The same was not true for the US carriers.

Oh, and proximity fuses effectively had a baby radar set in the nose. BDL’s link is a rather good explanation of how they work and were developed.[/quote]

Ya know today i would say that the American Carriers are far better than anything the UK has. But back then they were about the same with maybe an edge to the UK carriers. A Kamakazi attack on either was pretty effective. But come on wood vs concrete. I understand what you are saying but wood + fire = bad.

Although on the other hand if you have ever seen the fire on the USS Forestal … metal/concrete can become pretty bad too. Of course that was a bomb.

And S is for you guys are acting like you are on Seasame Street. :smiley:

S is for sarcasm.

S is for sarcasm.[/quote]

O is for obvious

G is for go back to topic :lol:

[quote=“pdf27”]
Yet despite this the US lost very few carriers to Kamikaze attacks (the USS Franklin is about the only one I’m aware of)
The Franklin CV13 was devastated on 19 March 1945 by a low flying dive bomber, dropping two 500lb. bombs while making a pass from bow to stern, this pilot DID NOT crash his plane into the ship. 724 dead 265 wounded sailors. Previously, 30 October 1944 A Kamikaze did strike the ship killing 56 and wounding 60. The highest toll the Kamikazis inflicted in one attack on a US ship was almost 400 dead on the Bunker Hill CV17 11May 1945 Two aircraft struck the ship within 30 seconds of each other with similiar fires to the Franklin. Gassed and armed planes on the flight deck as well as in the hanger deck were exploding and burning. Not to minimize what the brave survivors of the Franklin went through but modern historians are getting fuzzy with the facts on these attacks. Both ships were eliminated from frontline duty for the rest of the war. My father witnessed the Franklin burning and exploding on the horizon and survived the fires and devastation while serving aboard the Bunker Hill.

The japanese
Kamikazee attacks were powerful but blowing someone up so the enemy die is NUTS.

That’s true .

i dont know if any1 has mentioned it yet but the Sumarai spirit was truly in the Japanese soldiers blood during ww2

Samurai in japanese army can have rifle and sword ,and they been very honord and brave ,if they lose their honor samurai will do suicide.

which WAS the case

when three midget submarines entered Sydney Harbour, one of them stopped functioning, and instead of waiting for the Australians to haul the midget subamrines up and saving them from the bottom of the harbour, they all commited suicide shooting themselves

you have to respect that kind of bravery (its a bit like Spartan spirit)