Suppressors/silencers for small arms.

Here is a bunch of german silencers. The first is an K 43 silencer - has somewhat different barrel/sight dimensions than the K98k. Interesting to note that the K 43 has its own rifle grenade device out of the same reasons.
The second is a drawing of the german K98k silencer by MOD- see the range table for proper sight setting.followed by some dig out examples. The rubber cylinders couldt be exchanged easy.

K98k-Schalldämpfer_1.jpg

K98k-Schalldämpfer_2.jpg

K98k-Schalldämpfer_3.jpg

Here are some more dig out silencers of a somewhat different system. The elemnts are not that good for mass production. To that some silencers from Aberdeen proofing ground. the russian system is so quite simple.
We took some rubber gaskets from a water tap and glued them together with rubber glue from a bicycle repair set until we get an rubber cylinder of tight fit. To that we load some cartridges subsonic with a heavy bullet and it works well.Only a funny “PÖLK” noise :-).

Is the K43 and the Gew 43 the same weapon in regards to the pick of the silences gen had posted?

Brian

YES :o

Thanks.

Brian

Here are some more dig out silencers of a somewhat different system. The elemnts are not that good for mass production. To that some silencers from Aberdeen proofing ground. the russian system is so quite simple.

Massive, very nice cutaways drawings, Thanks Lothar , that was the thing I looking for.

Here I find another design, according to the source is the ST D7 supresor.

It use a “whirlwind” chamber and no baffles.

SD T7

The second is a drawing of the german K98k silencer by MOD- see the range table for proper sight setting.

If that figures are correct, the soldier need to get up the muzzle of the Kar 98 in order to shoot 50 meters…because it say equivalent to 800 meters and for that you need to raise the rear sight.

Iam not sure if the ranges are correct - so it will be a mortar shot more or less :-).

Jawhol, the angle of shooting seems extremely high.

Something like this: :smiley:

There are a lot more silencers- codenamed “Haube” (lit. cover). I will make a list soon. So there are silencers for 9mm, 9mm short, 7,65 Br… For MP, 08, P38, P 27, PP, PPk, Beretta 37 ect… The german device list even hold a MG 42 silencer and a german made silencer for russian captured rifles???
I have had a 08 barrel in my collection with a front sight that couldt be unsrewed, secured by a little spring loaded pin.
So the complete front sight couldt be unscrewed and on the threaded muzzle a silencer oulct be used.

Pistole 08 with silencer - its a navy model with navy sight.

There are a lot more silencers- codenamed “Haube” (lit. cover). I will make a list soon. So there are silencers for 9mm, 9mm short, 7,65 Br… For MP, 08, P38, P 27, PP, PPk, Beretta 37 ect… The german device list even hold a MG 42 silencer and a german made silencer for russian captured rifles???
I have had a 08 barrel in my collection with a front sight that couldt be unsrewed, secured by a little spring loaded pin.
So the complete front sight couldt be unscrewed and on the threaded muzzle a silencer oulct be used.

Pistole 08 with silencer - its a navy model with navy sight.

Nice, bring all the info dear Lothar, :slight_smile:

I find this about the Haube or “HUBs”.

Es gab folgende Typen
HUB-21 für russische Gewehre
HUB-22 für das engliche Enfield-Gewehr
HUB-23 für den 98k
HUB-31 bis 40 für Pistolen
HUB-41 bis 50 für Maschinenpistolen
verschossen wurde die Nahpatrone(verringerte Ladung).

http://www.forum-der-wehrmacht.de/thread.php?threadid=63&sid=7797cd409245a845ac1698dc53786818

I would dare to say that the “HUB-21” is the one illustrated by you in the first picture, in lower page 4 of this topic.

German HUB-?

Glushitel S-41.

So lets try to make a list for a better look. The code name was “Haube” and the developement code HUB-L

upgraded 03.03.08

HUB-L21 bis L30 für Gewehre
HUB-L21 für russische Gewehre
HUB-L22 für das engliche Enfield-Gewehr
HUB-L23 für den 98k (russ. System) Gutmann und Hufschmidt
HUB-L23 für den K43 (russ. System)
HUB-L24 unknown
HUB-L25 für den 98K (Arado System)
HUB-L26 für den 98K (Schätzle System)
HUB-L27 für den 98k (russ. System) Weiterentwicklung des L23
HUB-L28 für den K43 (russ. System)

HUB-L31 bis L40 für Pistolen
HUB-L31 P27 7,65mm (Arado System) Schneider - Opel
HUB-L32 PP 7,65mm (Eißfeld System, Gummizylinder) Walther und Appel
HUB-L3- Walther PP
HUB-L3- Walther PPK (.22)
HUB-L3- Pistole 08 (drilled barrel System)
HUB-L3- Pistole 08 (ERMA System)
HUB-L3- Pistole 08 (Parker Hale System)
HUB-L3- Pistole Walther P38

HUB-L41 bis L50 für Maschinenpistolen
HUB-L41 MP 40 ( Arado Brandenburg)
HUB-L42 MP 40 ( Schneider-Opel Berlin)
HUB-L43 MP 40
HUB-L41 MP 40 (n. A. neue Ausführung)
HUB-L4- STEN Kopien MP 3008

HUB-L51 bis … für Maschinengewehre
HUB-L53 MG 42 (Gustloff System) Fuhrhop

Here are some more pistol silencers. The Pistole 08 with an ERMA made silencer. Using several chamber segments and a length of 300mm.
The P27 with the L 31 silencer. The barrel has an nut. Locking balls that couldt be released by pushing back the silencers bushing, safed the silencer on the barrel rigid and in line. Very alike to modern compressed air tool connectors. Walther made silencers for the P38 and PP.

Remarcable pictures, danke again, the better looking is this one for the czech pistol is impressive. Beside the 7,65 mm was a subsonic ammo so…:slight_smile:

Even the 7,65mm is subsonic there is a special 7,65mm Nahpatrone with reduced powder charge. The cartridge has a green case and an x as headstamp.:slight_smile:

Nahpatrone for the 7,65 mm…who needs that? the muzzle velocity in a 7-8 cm lauf pistole must be some between 275-290 m/s, subsonic enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.32_ACP

Well it might be a problem of accuracy. from surviving boxes we know that
the ammo was special loaded. There are Nahpatrone for P 27 with L31 and
Nahpatrone for Walther PP with silencer ect…
I have documents about trial shootings in Kummersdorf (army proofing ground)
There they measure the subsonic speed AND accuracy. On 25m 8 shots shouldt create a pattern not more than 10 x 10 cm.

Seems a good accuracy, specially for a supressed weapon.
Talking about reduced charge 7,65mm check this one, the 7,65 mm pressin (7,65x15mm) specially designed for the Pressin “camouflaged pistol”.

http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20espagnole/llama/a%20llama%20pressin%20gb.htm

pressin.jpg

Very interesting gun and totally unknown to me. Interesting ammo.
Here is a selection of german Nahpatronen. 7,65, 9mm and 7,92.

courtesy J.Moss