The AUSTRALIAN Army WW2

Correct but in the British armies case it is true. :P[/quote]

Yeah simular i guess, 2nd of Foot :slight_smile:

1. At last report, I heard the Aussie SASR was the 4th best trained unit in the world. The British SAS was the highest

[/quote]

when was it that u last heard, cauz when i last heard it was the Australian SAS[/quote]

No no didnt you hear? It was Fijis special forces theā€™re the best in the world!!

why dont you guys post links or something to provide evidence for your claims. If you dont, your image is going to end up like Ironmans.

right sry, take no offence, i just seem to be generally pissed.[/quote]

I think it was the ā€œ7:30 Reportā€ a couple years back. Although I didnā€™t praise the Aus SASR nor the RAAF as much, so I donā€™t see your reasoning for the backlash.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA yes, thats is correct, that is what i heard 2 years ago during the war on iraq during 60 minutes

Although not special forces I have worked closely with the RAAF on several occassions. I wouldnt rate them better or worse than the Brits, about the same actually. Though I did find, to my surprise, that they were terribly PC. Still nice blokes thoughā€¦

@firefly

What do you mean by PC? What you mean they donā€™t use Amigas?! :shock:

:lol:

Just in case you werent joking its politically correct.

Just in case you werent joking its politically correct.[/quote]

It did sound like a bit of a WAHā€¦

Just in case you werent joking its politically correct.[/quote]

hehe

Anyway back to the Subject in mind 8)

Does anyone know if any aboriginals fought in the australian Army through Papa new Guinea or Europe ?
I did know that the Australian Whites did have alot of respect towards the Native black Aussies but did they let the aboriginees help through WW2 ?
If anyone has any Info. about it thatā€™ll be great :smiley:

Aboriginals only werent allowed to join the Oz army, but it changed during ww2ā€¦ they were only conscripts though and they were in there own special aboriginal unitsā€¦ also alot of the Aboriginals in Northern Australia had jobs to report Japanese sitings and etc in the remote areas of Northern Australia

ill get you more info soon on it

Thanks alot minimalistix mate :smiley: 8) , Did they actually go into Combat?>

Not sure if they were allowed in combat (I think the Aborigines were though), but one of the very early Army Magazines I am sure had an article on this particular subject. Not sure if I have kept them though, so I could reference you the particular issue.

IIRC, the article may have actually referred to the First World Warā€¦ but it has been over 10 years since I last read that article, and may be more in line with minimalistixā€™s statement that the indigenous population was enlisted during the Second War only.

when i can be bothered ill find out Jordovski

but i do know the first Japanese caught in Australia was found by a Aboriginal :wink:

My opinion is that the aboriginals shouldnā€™t be allowed in any kind of War, because they are native people of Australia and we shouldnā€™t corrupt these interesting peaceful race with manā€™s WAR, we already took their loved country and they are slowly dieing outā€¦once there was millions of aboriginalsā€¦now there are only thousands.

What if they want to fight?

No they all been killed ,they cannot fight against army ,and indians in USA want to fight too ,in 19centry and they lose.

Walk down Redfern in Sydney, they are alive and well, albeit living in squalid conditions. Most of the Aborigines that did die were from the common cold actually.

aboā€™s dont have much of a future, they all get drunk, take drugs and un-educated even though they can go to Uni for FREE with NO questions asked

aboā€™s dont have much of a future, they all get drunk, take drugs and un-educated even though they can go to Uni for FREE with NO questions asked[/quote]

Yet another fair and rational answer there, I guess Iā€™m not emigrating if you are the standard Aussie Iā€™m going to meet.

BTW well done in the cricket!

aboā€™s dont have much of a future, they all get drunk, take drugs and un-educated even though they can go to Uni for FREE with NO questions asked[/quote]

Yet another fair and rational answer there, I guess Iā€™m not emigrating if you are the standard Aussie Iā€™m going to meet.

BTW well done in the cricket![/quote]

Cricket 8) 8) 8)

Im also gonna go see my supported team ā€œWest Coast Eaglesā€ vs the ā€œFremantle Dockersā€ this weekend at the footy stadiumā€¦ i got seats behind the goal posts so when someone kicks a ball and scores hopefully ill be able to catch the footy :smiley:

Yeah alot of the Aboā€™s in Alice Springs sniff horse shoe glue and i know one down the road from me that lives in a public toilet.
I wonder if its White man that corrupted their life or their self pity, because they certainly dislike white people.