We Have a New Mod on the Way...

I Nominate RS for Mod!
Even though he will probably vapourize me if he were selected, I feel that his insight, seniority and humour speaks volumes. I know he turned down the position before as I read, but perhaps if us little guys told him how much we would like him to be Mod, then perhaps he would re-consider. I mean, I don;t think he works or anything, cause he’s always on the web, so he has lots of time. He knows so much about War stuff and isn’t afraid to tackle a viewpoint from any side or angle. His humour is sophisticated and his demeanor, although a bit rough around the edges (especially to me), I still think he has it in him to be a great Mod. Let it be on record that I The Herman Meister officially voice my support for RS as Mod!!:smiley:

Now thats what I call sucking up…

When are we going to know who the new Mod’s) is/are?
I keep checking the forum every half an hr. It can be very nerve racking. the anticipation is a killer!. With my luck, the news will get out when I’m asleep and I will miss everything. Maybe Adrian or Walter or Chevan will be mod? Oh I know!. The Librarian?!! or maybe…Churchill!!!,cause he’s real cool!. he always spots the spammers. Who is it!.. I need to know!. Why is life so cruel!.pls pls PLEASE let us know!!:smiley:

I hope Librarian is one, though his politeness might get in the way of banning people…:slight_smile:

Be patient my friends, all will be revealed soon.

Well, since some of you are clearly getting overly excited I may as well announce this now, as the guys in question should be getting their super special modpowers from General Sandworm imminently.

Therefore, congratulations (and indeed comiserations) to our new mods

Rising Sun*

and

flamethrowerguy

A third potential mod is still under consideration, and if we decide to induct them into the hellhole that is the war room, part 2 of 2 of The Big Announcement will be made here.

GJ, guys, and congrats and many beers to you.

Id like to thank both these guys for their outstanding contribution to the Forum and for answering the call to be a mod.

Im sure everyone will agree that they will bring their own special talents to modding here and that the forum can only get better.

Cheers

FF

Two better choices could not have been made…

Congratulations to both…

Incidentally, there are some great posters and contributors here that are essentially mod of this site just by posting regularly, caring about site quality, and actively and aggressively putting the hammar down on idiot spammers and hooligans. One certainly doesn’t need Mod controls to do that! And I’d like to thank the likes of (but in no way limited too) Churchill, Egorka, Chevan,Tankgeezer, and yes, even PK,:smiley: for their regular contributions and for making this place worth coming too day to day…

There are a lot of forums, but I really believe this one is special…

I win!
Flamethrowerguy would have been my second choice because he wished me a happy birthday.
So where is my lollipop?

Rising Sun and Flamethrowerguy, welcome to the team :slight_smile:

You both have contributed much to the defense of this site and now with the addition of mod powers you will be an even greater asset.

We still have a third potential moderator from whom we are awaiting a reply. So we may have our answer sometime tomorrow.

And what Nick wrote above about our other members, I concur with totally.

Aww, now I’m blushing,:slight_smile:

This idea is pretty old and we never had a good one for a long time. Is anyone seriously interested in being the site photo manipulator? You just help do any kind of photo manipulation. If its the staff or anybody that needs help…just need some help. This is a POSSIBLE gateway to being a mod … but pretty much you do alot of work with no recognition besides that the staff will be very thankful for.

Yes my attitude sux :smiley: but I am just being clear on things. If you want to help out … staff or not… its alot of bullshit for very little benefits. You really have to just love it … and be able to love it when its just annoying. Anyhoo…

If you are interested in working for the site or being the combat photographer as we call it. Please let us know. Oh we cant probably dig up a pick for you avatar. :smiley:

Thanks to members and mods for the generous comments and welcome to me in my coming modding role.

I’m afraid I’ll be a bit of a disappointment to anyone who thinks my appointment will change anything. I’ll just carry on the reasonably liberal but, when necessary, firm practices established by the current mods and super mod, albeit with the back-up of greater powers recently granted to the mods.

Anyway, it’ll be a while before I get off trainer wheels so I’ll just be trundling around on my mod kiddy bike for a while, hopefully doing a bit better than this. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ptOfWqYJhVM

Nah, you’re already emitting plenty of vapour. :smiley:

I’d like to offer my congratulations to Rising Sun (RS) and Flamethrowerguy (FTG).
I had hoped that RS would reconsider becoming a mod. To me, his recent “tirades” only showed that he cares and defends the quality of the site. Fortunately, everything worked out as now we have mods with more capabilities/power and are adding some mods to help relieve the stress level on the current admins and mods. (And we aren’t losing RS;))
I’m glad FTG was considered, because he is a great contributer to the picture site and defends that site when needed. I have no doubts that will carry over to the forums.

And thanks again to the current admins and mods, keep up the good work.

P.S. I agree with Nickdfresh’s post #49 also. I’m more of a reader than a big contributor, so I hope everyone continues with their contributions to the forum.

Sadly, the member in question declined to become a mod (can’t think why!). So The Big Announcement is that there isn’t one!

RS I am so HAPPY for you!!..and you too Flame Thrower guy!..I knew it I knew it!! I had a dream last night that RS was going to be MOD. I thought to myself who could possibly be so well rounded about war stuff and funny sounding fish that habitat in the high lands of Australia. I think RS should even become a Super Mod because he contributes so much to this site and has a unique way of dealing with trouble makers. RS is compassionate and passionate with his war discussions. The day I first argued with him, I knew I was barking up the wrong tree. I was ashamed of myself but didn’t know how to tell him without losing face. I researched stuff about Australia and tried to impress RS with items that may originate from Australia. I thought how cool it was that someone from Australia half way around the world made me feel like he was next door. I am deeply and sincerely happy that you accepted Mod RS and I promise to be respectful and professional with your Modding and hope you can be tolerant of me. I value the stuff I learn on this site and I want you to know that I have always liked you deep down. Sometimes people show their bonding through resistance and perhaps that’s why we sometimes had minor disagreements, but in the end, you were always correct and showed it with humility. I know you will be the nicest Mod of them all. (next to George Eller of course), and I implore you to please forgive me for any animosity that may have transpired in the past. I have read a lot of your old threads and admire your wisdom and common sense in all subjects war related or not. Congratulations once again and remember your TOPS with me!!:smiley:

Cool! Congratulations to both of you!!!

My suggestion to the new Mods is to start their carier by opening a thread named “Should Sharia law be introduced in ww2incolor Forum”.

:wink: