What`s your favourite german gun?

Well the thing is that if I do not know something I ask someone that know because if someone else asked me I will help him because that is what you do if someone ask you. I thought since you know so much about the guns I will ask for any help and info and because you can not allways trust what you read on the net, but thanks any way.

Henk

Please avail yourself of the perfectly adequate searching features of Google. Stoatgle is a searching service you can’t afford.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: Quite true.

HG, will you try to to search or read before you post??

Thanks MoS, his post missed me!

I am sorry but I did not know it was wrong to ask something. I will not ask something again.

I am sorry.

Henk

Asking things is not a problem per se – but effectively asking me to spend a significant portion of time to find something out, collect, reference, collate, cut and paste, and former coherent post with, that you could find out yourself and read in a much shorter length of time is.

It smacks of laziness.

Come on, HG!! Try to type MG-42 on Google and just read the results!
From 355,000 results, let’s say that 1/3 are dealing with anything else but MG machinegun. Still remains 2/3 from 355,000!!! Check 5 of them!!

And speaking of my emboldment, if you don’t trust always what you read on the net (e.g. tons of results of MG-42 Google searching), why you trust MoS? Only because he say so and by far he is our expert in weapons? Check anything from different sources (and I mean not only the internet, but books and so on). For a user that join our forum (WW2 related remember!) it is very strange that you don’t know anything about the basics. If you are so young, please learn to to search!!!

I always try to help, but on your post, I’m afraid that my reply should be the same as MoS’s.

Wrong Henk!!!

First search, second ask!

And I request you to ask if you will not have some answers from your searching! :wink:

Ok fine. I did not ask MoS I asked everyone. I am sorry again, I have just never been interested in Firearms of WW2 before and are starting to learn now. I know a lot about WW2 and are still learning a lot each day. Yes, I am still young and that It does not mean anything.

What I realy meant was that you should only say if it was used by the infantry or on tanks or if it was a great gun or if it was a machine-gun or not. No hard feelings I will do my search and I am not LAZY for asking that.

Again I AM SORRY ! !

Thank you.

Henk

There’s no need to apologise Henk. It could happened to anyone and we all learn new things every day.

In a matter of fact, most of us are very touchy speaking of firearms. You’ll understand what I mean when you’ll read next year the “Archive 2005” section.

Cheers!
Dani

It is cool and I understand.

Henk

The MP40. :slight_smile:

I did once read, in a book and not on the web, that the MG34 was withdrawn from frontline infantry service because, while it was very accurate and precise, it was considered to be fragile and unreliable when in the muddy, dirty, and in the unhygienic conditions of combat. SO the MG42 was developed as a more robust gun. The MG34 was still considered suitable for mounting on vehicles such as panzers and half-tracks since if it came into contact with mud, it most likely wouldn’t need to be fired anyway since the tank or armored vehicle would have been knocked out…

Asking things is not a problem per se – but effectively asking me to spend a significant portion of time to find something out, collect, reference, collate, cut and paste, and former coherent post with, that you could find out yourself and read in a much shorter length of time is.

It smacks of laziness.[/quote]

Hmmm… HG asking you or anyone for that matter to post some links about firearms should not be a big deal. Ive searched the internet for years about WW2… and I’ve found some pretty interesting things. But I come on here… and everyone is posting links and pictures that I probably would of never found on my own. Some people have better luck in their search results.

I guess i should watch what i ask on this site too… we’re all here to learn and discuss about WW2… helping others should not be a problem…and if it is… then you’re in the wrong place.

Thats just my 0.02cents…

George , the caption in that picture is slightly wrong, the gun is a S-18-100 not a S-18-1000, the diference was that the earlier use a 20x105mm caliber and the model 1000 used a 20x138B mm caliber wich was compatible with the german 2cm Flak 30/38 and the 20mm Breda/Scotti used by the Italians.

Here other pic of the “Tankbüchse” S-18-100 this for the spanish language market, really nice want one :smiley:

Not entirely correct – the MG 34 was never withdrawn from front-line infantry service, it was merely supplanted. It wasn’t fragility that was an issue – it was rather dirt-sensitive, expensive and time-consuming to produce. The MG 42 was developed in the main parts to be cheaper and faster to produce. The MG 34 remained in production as a vehicle gun not because it was “still considered suitable”, but because the MG 42 was eminently unsuitable as a vehicle gun due to its method of barrel changing.

Greetings, I’m new to this forum (take a look at my profile), but after 22 years active duty, and now working as a ‘security consultant’ (yeah Blackwater), I have to admit that I’m carrying a Walther P-38 as a personal sidearm. I got a copy of the issue holster for it, and wear it crossdraw-style. I also carry a pouch with two extra magazines for my baby (I named it Gerda), which gives me a total of four magazines. My favorite load is Remington’s 147 grain jacketed hollow point, which gives 18 inches of penetration in ballistic gel. And, before anyone asks; no, I haven’t yet had to use it. Most of my work is done with a modified M-14. More about me: I started trolling through WWII forums looking for information on an ancestor of mine, one SS-Standartenfuerer Willi Seibert, who was an economist assigned to Einsatzgruppe D (as vice commander) for a while. However, all I can find is the results of the Neuremburg trial. I’d like more information on his background, place of birth, and when, and where, he died. Was he one of the few that was actually hanged? Or did he just serve time and get released?

wajdi

Welcome wajdi,
could you explain which members of Einsatzgruppe D should be awarded medals and why?
I hope I don’t understand your signature.

wajdi, your signature might be considered offensive, therefore please change or edit it.

Thank you!

Do you mean this one Dani ? :?

To quote Henry A. Wallace: “Fascisim is not our problem, conglomerate based fascism IS.” And, so it is turning out to be.

Dani post was targeted to a phrase saying “Einsatgruppe wasnt that bad after all” :roll:

Wadji edited that.

Ok, thanks.