What`s your favourite german gun?

Hi guys,

The MG42, hands down for me. Cheap and easy to produce, great rate of fire, if not a bit inaccurate. A very welcome weapon when facing massed enemy infantry.

Regards to all,
Digger.

U.S army training film for the Mg-42.

http://www.germanwarmachine.com/videos/download/mg42.wmv

For those who still dont know how to handle and shoot the Karbine 98, well…you better learn from here:

http://www.germanwarmachine.com/videos/download/mauserrifle.wmv

An interesting article on the Mauser 98 from The American Rifleman, July 1998 issue.

(CONTINUED BELOW)

(CONTINUED FROM ABOVE)

SEE ALSO:
http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83340&postcount=12

For me it’s the Mg42.
Rate of fire and adaptable for different uses.

Regards
VonWeyer

Kar98K, hands down.
Proven, dependable, and less likely to break down.
Accurate. With a scope, can be used in sniper configuration.
Bayonet capable.
And can even be used as a club.
Did I say dependable?

Forgot to add; I’ll be getting a semi-auto mg-34 from TNW within a few more weeks, so my mind might be changing soon on what the BEST is. I had to sell an 89 model Ford truck to be able to order it.hehe Did not really need the truck, but sure wanted the mg. I’ve got about a 6-month wait on it.

Man Of Stoat,
your opinion on the Mauser is terribly misleading.
I have fired all U.S. Military bolt rifles, and most foreign models, and can, without being overly confident, declare that the Mauser K98, or the M-48 Yugoslavian model, is the best bolt-action military rifle in existance.
My choice in armed confrontation would be the mauser, and this, even pitted against the new assault rifles.
An enemy is not going to know if one bullet hit him, or one hundred bullets.
It is VERY accurate. The sights are fine. Scoped, the Mauser can be as lethal as a Dragunov, as was very well documented as late as in Bosnia/Serbia conflict.
The Mauser action is the base for Dangerous Game rifles, some models of which I own. This is for safety and dependability in feeding, during high-tension moments with dangerous game.
It very well may be, the most influential, and longest lasting modern rifle design of all time. The term “modern”, speaking of the smokeless powder era.
The finest sporting gunmaker in the world, Holland@Holland of London, picked the Mauser action only, as the basis for their bolt rifles. This fact alone, is enough praise for me.

Please let us see some pic’s when you get that Mg34.

Regards

VonWeyer

Make sure you do some research on your new gun. I’ve read a number of posts where additional tweaking has been required to get these guns running smoothly. Still it’ll be a blast to shoot, even in semi-auto!

i must said the mauser 98

I’d have to go with the K98 Mauser. It had wonderful accuracy and great stopping power. As a sniper, I wouldn’t think the muzzle velocity would matter much since you want to fire as least rounds as possible. Served me as a great rifle.

Good weapon indeed, and welcome by the way Wolfgang.

http://www.germanwarmachine.com/videos/mauserrifle.htm

Thankyou

If you have ever shot a Kar98k, you would have discovered that it is quite shockingly poor compared to many of its contemporaries.

It had much better accuracy than the G43

the mp 44 or stgw. 44 because it was the forerunner for so many other assault rifles later. and the MG 42 because it was definitely the best infantry machine gun in WW2. I shot that weapon a lot during my time at the bundeswehr (german army), where it is names MG 3.

jens

Wasn’t there a design towards the end end of the war called the MG45 or MG42V? I think it was the exact same model but had a higher rate of fire and was made of cheaper materials. I believe only a handfull went into the feild though.

Indeed the Mauser Stg-45 was a very compact design wich used a delayed roller-locking system, that was also adopted by the spanish CETME assault rifle in the 1950s and then by the german H&K G-3 7,62mm. only few were actually delivered.

StG-45

That’s very interessting. I wonder what the actual number of models that were made is.