Whats your Favourite Soviet War picture or poster?

Tidying underway - will be unlocked when completed.

Edited to add:
Tidying complete and topic unlocked.
Most posts deleted because they were along the lines of ‘nice post’, ‘thanks’ etc and no longer served a purpose. The developing discussion of slavic languages has been moved to ‘Off-Topic: General’. It wasn’t relevant, but it seemed a shame to delete it.

Happy posting,
Crab.

Edited for clarity and in response to post below.

Crab_To_be Now i know you delete my 40 posts,but i am post only 5 slavic langiages ,but you are delete 40,I know you have problem with counting isn it .

Thats mod’s job here:I will delete all post if i dont like ,some member thats MOD’S doing here ,provocate and when they got answer ,they give warning ,NICE …NICE DO YOU HAPPY.

IF that make’s you happy delete all my post,now your answer:

Feel free to send PM admin’s about me actions ,WHATS DIFFRENT THEY WILL DONE NOTHING!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

It’s too late to do anything unfortunately, he has already left. :cry:

Farewell Clausse, if nothing else, you were never rude and always had a good word to say about anyone.

Good luck in where you go next.

seconded.

Crab_to_be will probably delete this page if we keep chatting off topic :lol: , anyway im gonna post some Russian pictures so we are doing nothing wrong like posting off topic. :smiley:

Well, in three months time if I do come to tidy this thread I will delete off-topic posts which have served their purpose.

You could at least go as far as to pay respects to our departed member! :evil:

You could at least go as far as to pay respects to our departed member! :evil:[/quote]

If he stomps off in a sulk over having 40 out of about 800 posts deleted, what am I supposed to do? Leave threads full of irrelevant crap to prevent people from bursting into tears?

My favourite Russian WW2-era pic - KV-2 52ton heavy tank fitted with commanders cupola from a PanzerKampfwagen III (or IV?) medium tank. Its a German “conversion” for the small number of KV-2 that they employed as special heavy gun tank units.[/img]

Got the image from here:
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/galleries/ruscaptured/KV2.htm

An off topic interesting aside, the KV-2 really had to face the target when firing, there were numerous occassions when they traversed the turret, especially on uneven ground, fired, and then fell over. A great pic of an amazing tank!

KV-2 firing…

I’ve never seen this tank before - surely the ugliest thing ever put on a battlefield??? Now there’s a challenge - can anyone think of anything uglier that went in to battle?

Firefly - that is so funny about it falling over if firing broadside on uneven ground. I can imagine the Germans having a good laugh at that and the crew members filling the air with a few choice words.

Big beast for 1940 though, saw its debut in the Finnish war where it was used to bust bunkers.

Whats uglier than a KV-2? Easy really, any of the Japanese or Italian tanks produced at around the same time! At the time of production, the KV-tanks were the most powerful in the world, comprising superior mobility, firepower and protection than anything else around.

Not without its flaws though.

As for the KV-2, never saw service in the Russian-Finland winter war, arrived in service too late. A couple fired on already captured ex-Finnish bunkers but thats about it.

Want something uglier? Try the German A7V :?

http://combat1.cool.ne.jp/A7V.jpg

Thanks for that info mate, I didnt know that, do you have a source with it, I wouldnt mind reading up a bit more. Thanks…

Yep - compared with the A7V the KV-2 is a real beaut. I love the perpendicular (to the ground) turret armour. Must have made a lovely bang when a shell hit that.

Perhaps one of the best sources on the KV would be Zaloga’s New Vanguard KV-1 & 2 heavy tanks 1939-1943

or

AFV Profile No17 Russian KV & JS

AFK Profile books were printed around 1974/75 and so are long out of print but you can easily find them on eBay, though the rare ones are more expensive of course!

:lol: :stuck_out_tongue: Indeed I have to agree. Truthfully, not many were built (cant remember just how many), as with many WW1 era tanks, they had alot of reliability issues and the A7V in particular was rushed into production anyway so there wasnt much time for them to crawl around any kind of proving ground.

I’m starting to wonder if they ever saw action at all!

a few of my faves

Damn nice photos well done Gutkowski did anyone know the name of the mg from the 1st picture ,soviets soldier fire from him.