World War related bickering

Well thank you for that (In bold!). :shock:

Does this mean (by implication) that you no longer stand by your comment that the Ghurkas are deliberately used as ethnic cannon fodder to protect caucasian lives?

If you can guarantee that Blair the lying cunt and his ugly wife will be there, I’ll burn it for you.[/quote]

Not sure how things work in the UK but here in America there is a Gestapo called the Secret Service that investigates all things considered a threat to the President. Joking or not. So… take that info as you will. :shock:[/quote]

Good Lord. You jest with monkeys. We do see that you guys like to dish it out, but you can’t take it. Why not just conduct yourselves like gentlemen and cease tha anti-America blather. Then you won’t have to expect it to be thrown back into your face. It’s like someone saying to themselves, “You know, while it’s kinda fun to do, I really should stop pissing into the wind about now.”

I have asked you guys kindly to stop bringing up the Gurkhas. All of this is because you simply cannot. You should help yourselves and quit bringing it up. We all have opinions. I would not expect to be able to change yours. Why do you think you can change mine? It’s old already. Still you fill the threads with it.

I am not your enemy. I do regret saying that British soldiers were cowards in that Gurkhas comment. I apologize for that. That was certainly untrue, and I only said it because for a moment I got angry at all of the crapular (new word!) comments being thrown at me for quite some time before I said it. I got sucked into your kind of behavior and responded harshly. Sorry for that.

But my opinion is my own. All the blather and hatred in the world will not change it. [/quote]

(My emboldenment)

Thank you for the withdrawal and apology, although in fact, the statement was made in your very first post on the subject, and was the cause of the comments aimed at you, not the result.
However, the apology has been made, and I for one accept it.
Will you now also withdraw your statement regarding Gurkhas being “often mistreated by British officers”?
That, after all, is not a matter of opinion, but stated as a fact.

Thanks for accepting my apology. It was made in earnest.

When I first came across the subject, I did not even know who the Gurkhas were. After reading the comments of others, I looked into the matter and found out about them and the controversy involving them. That informatioin has formed my opinion of the matter. Based upon the information that is rather abundant on the matter, I still have an opinion of it that is not favorable. I am not anti-British. Not at all. But I cannot change my opinion of it any more than you could change yours about something lame that the US has done, such as using defolients in Vietnam knowing that such chemicals would likely cause severe harm to innocent people. Even the greatest of nations make bad mistakes, your and mine. Please, let it go. I do not wish to discuss the matter.

I think you will find that throughout this forum we have been trying to persuade you that the greatest Nations can make mistakes. Seeing as you are on the road to recovery do you care to tell me whether a standard rifle is effective at 600 metres?

That is true Mr. Schätzer, it is a light rifle, and as such, it did not shoot pistol ammunition. Albiet a weak rifle, but effective at it’s maximum effective range, as are all weapons. It may not be effective at 600m, like a standard or sniper rifle, but it was a dandy little weapon

You have started to apologise to people and for that we are greatful. Will you just tell me that you typed the above post at this location and agree that it is the truth!
http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=210

If you do then we can once again thank you for accepting you were wrong about 600 metres and that you have no knowledge of infantry capability beyond computer games.

Bluff

I remember that he very nearly got ridden down by a Life Guard, I remember thinking: a) They obviously still train cav horses to go FOR people not round them (difficult thing to train a horse to do). And b) I reckon a blunt parade blade might not kill you but it will probably hurt more and for longer.

[quote=“Bladensburg”]

I remember that he very nearly got ridden down by a Life Guard, I remember thinking: a) They obviously still train cav horses to go FOR people not round them (difficult thing to train a horse to do). And b) I reckon a blunt parade blade might not kill you but it will probably hurt more and for longer.[/quote]

Reading that reminds me of a story a friend told me about the mounted police in London being very nervous of attending the Countryside alliance marches - precisely because half the people there were competent with animals and werent going to be intimidated!

I still remember the Trooping of the Colours in 1981, when a teenager fired a number of shots from a starting pistol as the Queen rode past.
I thought we were about to see the first British death by sabring, broadcast on nationwide television.
The Blues and Royals were NOT happy.[/quote]

Yes, I remember that well too.
It was if I recall correctly an Irish Guardsman who turned round and lifted the young chap concerned over the barrier by his hair - one handed !
One of my oppos at the time had been to school with the said chap and he said that the bloke was a nutter even then.

I myself was most impressed with the war veteran at whom the (blank) rounds had been ‘aimed,’ namely HM Betty Windsor.
She leant forward and patted her horse to calm it and continued her side-saddle march at the same sedate pace - had it been me I’d have been moving myself out of the ‘danger area’ at Mach 3 !
But it brought home to me the trust she had in her soldiers, the decorum that must be maintained, and the sense of duty that she holds dear and should show to her subjects.

I’ve saluted her more times than I can remember, but since that day it’s always been with a slightly greater sense of respect.

I remember when President Reagan was shot with a .22 rifle (I think a rifle). Americans were steamed. Lucky for him that we do not use stocks. I think he would have been subjected to cruel and unusual punishment by passers-by. :lol:

I was fuffed to chuck that Ronnie didn’t come with a knee-jerk reaction to try to ban certain wpns.

He was shot by John Hinckley Jr. with a .22LR rev., and the then President thought before he spoke.

It’s a sad reflection on the anti-second amendment groups that when Atzheimer’s had really set in they took advantage of an ailing man to steal a signature from him.

I still remember the Trooping of the Colours in 1981, when a teenager fired a number of shots from a starting pistol as the Queen rode past.
I thought we were about to see the first British death by sabring, broadcast on nationwide television.
The Blues and Royals were NOT happy.[/quote]

Yes, I remember that well too.
It was if I recall correctly an Irish Guardsman who turned round and lifted the young chap concerned over the barrier by his hair - one handed !
One of my oppos at the time had been to school with the said chap and he said that the bloke was a nutter even then.

I myself was most impressed with the war veteran at whom the (blank) rounds had been ‘aimed,’ namely HM Betty Windsor.
She leant forward and patted her horse to calm it and continued her side-saddle march at the same sedate pace - had it been me I’d have been moving myself out of the ‘danger area’ at Mach 3 !
But it brought home to me the trust she had in her soldiers, the decorum that must be maintained, and the sense of duty that she holds dear and should show to her subjects.

I’ve saluted her more times than I can remember, but since that day it’s always been with a slightly greater sense of respect.[/quote]

Similarly with Charles, when almost the same thing happened to him in Australia in 1994.
He was on stage ready to hand out Australia Day awards when some young idiot leapt on the platform and fired two blank rounds.
As the protester was wrestled to the ground by the Premier of NSW, the Prince looked on, quite unconcerned, then adjusted his cuffs and went on with the ceremony.
Whatever faults the Royals may have, cowardice isn’t one of them.

Whatever faults the Royals may have, cowardice isn’t one of them

That’s probably what inspires such loyalty amongst HM’s troops, i for one place more of my loyalty and obedience to HM Queen Elizabeth II that that half-witted narcissitic Prime minister of ours. I remeber when i attested, there was a big table with a British flag on it i held the bible in one hand and attested, i was welling up with emotion :cry:

I still have my bible with the date in it, unopened :slight_smile: . I believe they no longer give them out now.

I never got one - just a certificate with a copy of the oath on it, signed by the Colonel who attested me

Defence cuts. Then I am old and very bold and getting a pension.

I never got one - just a certificate with a copy of the oath on it, signed by the Colonel who attested me[/quote]

I didn’t even get that! Cheapskates :evil:

I now have to go and find mine, thank. :x

Are you kiddin???

Just kidding guys! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, just kidding.

No, you are right. That is true, seriously. Brits have a rep for bravery. The world knows it too. It’s why whenever a country starts something with them they probably think to themselves. “Oh shit. We f**ked up now.” :smiley:

Are you kiddin???

Just kidding guys! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, just kidding.

…[/quote]

Also taken in a light hearted manner.

Thank you.

I was told today by someone that the Japanese Zero was a duplication of the plans of Howard Hughs’s H-1 racing airplane. It seems that information about this is scanty on the net. All I have found is a few sketchy resources. If anyone knows more about it, I’d like to hear it if they were willing to expound upon it.

Check this out. I found this pick on a site with no explanation. Supposedly some kind of noise surpressor.