World War related bickering

Concur absolutely. It’s a right barsteward the next morning though :oops:

all alcohol is the same,i can drink ethylyc alcohol,and that will be the same as a port.

ah you see, i found that by drinking 2+ pints of water before going to bed one can reduce hangover next morning.
Of course often i’m so drunk i forget to drink 2+ pints of water before bed! :?

Now nice the American Military Section has taken a twist to drinking techniques and David Bowie. Have to say I didnt see that one coming. :shock: :?

I find its not the port that makes me drunk rather the amount!
it goes down so easily you see!

i though all britains like bowie`s music.

but,U2,it`s really one of the best groups

UK not Britain, (and even then only begrudgingly) be careful with comments like that theyll take the bins off your railway platforms if you say that too loudl!!!

begrudgingly???,lol,explain what that complicated word means.

uk,ok,my english is less than basic,so don`t wait much of me.

and put your bad comments in a bag,and put them in your $*/

U2 are from southern Ireland, this is part of the UK not part of Great Britain, there has been a problem with this difference for the British Government for a while now that we are only jsut clearing up.

It is a small point admittedly but has meant we’ve had no bins on our train stations for the greater part of my life becasue they used to explode as a result of angry southern Irish people coming to Britian to blow stuff up and encourage us to give them northern Ireland back!

But we didnt give it back because if we did teh southern Irish would kill all the Protestants in the north! its complicated!

We wont give it back becasue the people that live there want to be rled by Westminster or at least dont want to be ruled by Dublin. Its a self-determination thing, Im not going over that again.

U2 are good just not British!

ok

of course when discussing irish musicians nothing compares to the genius of boyzone (cough) :roll:

why the random emboldened font all over the place?
is it the use of the word carbine?
wow, impressive, still no an asault rifle though is it, otherwise theyd call it an assault rifle! in the report,
down doggy, stay down, or we’ll have to put you down!

He’s a Sergeant, so his personal weapon would automatically have been a carbine - what’s your point?

You are also cordially invited to re-join the discussion at http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=17262.html

The words “assult rifle” were coined by the Germans to describe thier new MP. :roll: Let’s stay on topic shall we. The topic is amazing soldiers.

ok but why the random bold typeface?

Please, Dear Boy…
I was about to open what I expect to be a rather fine bottle of 1970 vintage Ramos Pinto, when you mentioned boyz…no, I can’t bring myself to type it.
It’s no use, I’m too upset now. I’ll have to settle for the 10 year old Taylors. :wink:

I discovered the perfect answer to that a year or two back.
Camelbak full of water. On shelf above head of bed. Hose + bite valve hanging down just past edge of bed. Reach out, grab and bite in morning (no need to open eyes). Fantastic - water is under just enough pressure you don’t even have to suck, but not too much it drowns you.
Still haven’t figured out how to do the same to tea and bacon sarnies, but I’m working on it…

As I understand it, the ship at the bottom is easily destroyed by secret agents from Mi6, and I have film evidence of teh same thing happening in the south China sea, it was owned by Elliot Carver

im an exocet fan :twisted:

Yeah, I know you’re a big fan of obselete weaponry that wasn’t all that good 20 years ago. Still, I seem to recall that the Belgrano was also sunk by obselete (WW2 vintage) weaponry, so I suppose old weapons do sometimes have their place.

Oh, and in case anyone thinks this is off-topic, the ARA General Belgrano was formerly known as the USS Phoenix, and was at Pearl Harbour when the Japanese attacked in December 1941. It was thus the last survivor of Pearl Harbour to be sunk.