New members topic- Introduce yourself here:

Welcome mate!

oh! im wicked sorry about the avatar… i didnt want to put across that message… its just an interest and im not a nazi or anything :wink:

k im startin over :wink: , my name is Sarah and I have been interested in WW2 for about a year now. I hope that I can enjoy being a member of this forum and sharing the same interest as all of you :slight_smile:

Well, welcome again :slight_smile:

~hello~ thanxx for the welcome again :wink:

LOL I’m waiting for Eva Braun to be taken as a username. :slight_smile:

No problemo. And a warm welcome aboard.

Hello everybody!

Just discovered this forum!

I may be a familiar name to those who use other WWII forums. If so, please say hello.

David.

Welcome David,

Hope you enjoy the forum :slight_smile:

Thank you George.

That was very prompt!

Yes a very big welcome from me to. Hopefully you will like what you see and enjoy contributing to the Forum.

Cheers…

Welcome back Der Mann. I’m a new member and would just like to say that I collect personalized Third Reich daggers. Anyone interested in disposing any of theirs?

Welcome Kegan, a dagger man eh! How many have you got?

Hello, I am brand new to the forums. Actually signed up last night, but didn’t get a chance to post anything since it was late.
Anyway, my name is Cory (please call me CJ, though). I am 18 years old, and I live in South Carolina. I am a Seventh Day Adventist Christian, and my faith is the most important thing in my life. I am a high school senior right now, and I graduate in June 08. I have enlisted in the United States Marine Corps and go to Parris Island on July 7th of 2008 (I am currently in the DEP, the Delayed Entry Program).
I happened to have found this site on accident when reading info on WW2, and after a quick look I decided to sign up. WW2 has always interested me since I was a young kid (the politics, alliances, theaters of war, etc). My grandfather served in the Merchant Marines during the war (he turned 17 in March of 1945; he was too young to serve in the regular military).
I am glad to be here, and hope to learn more about the war and about all of you. God bless!
-CJ

Welcome David. And your grandfather was statistically more likely to be killed in the Merchant Marine than he was if he had joined any other service…

Few people know that the US lost over 10,000 “civilians” during WWII. Most of them were Merchant Marine sailors that were killed in the Battle of the Atlantic…

@Nickdfresh- Uh…my name is not David. It’s Cory (or CJ). :smiley: But thank you for welcoming me!
And I didn’t know my grandfather was in that much danger! Thank God he was never injured (or attacked, to my knowledge; I really need to talk to him more about his experiences!).

Welcome Cory,
nice to meet you :wink:

My bad! I was talking to someone on the phone while I posted that - sorry!

Best of luck in the USMC after graduation BTW (and as a Seventh Day Adventist, you might get separate rations, a friend of mine in the Army was a member of that religion and he did)…

At the risk of heading off topic. What exactly is a 7th day adventist? And what special diet do they need?

Hello everyone, I’m the new kid on the block. I found this board quiet by accident but I’m thrilled I did. I look forward to going through the boards.

Welcome … glad we got your problem solved! :wink: